Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Weekend in London

Okay, so because Elyse finally got around to Blogging, I guess I have to also... Haha.

Basically, London was awesome. I have never been to a city where design was second nature. I'm not just talking bright colors and fun typography... but really smart, practical design solutions that not only makes the city beautiful, but stimulating and practical.

Secondly, London has so much culture! (Yes, I was surrounded by more tourists than actual Englishmen, but it didn't matter). Everywhere we looked there was a cute cafe, unique boutique, or beautiful statue. Also, every person we encountered was polite, witty, and extremely helpful! 
Pretty much, I loved London. I'm officially adding it to the list of potential job locations after graduation (along with New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orlando, and Chicago... maybe even Dublin).

As far as sightseeing goes, we visited Big Ben, the Tower of London (saw the crown Jewels), the London Bridge, Buckingham Palace (saw the changing of the guards), the National Gallery Museum, the Tate Modern Museum (amazing surrealist exhibit), the London Movie Museum, Harrods (Europe's largest department store- mind blowing), and concluded our weekend with reservations at the Absolut Icebar! 




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment