Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Last Weekend's Adventures

(Playing a game of Rounders.)


(Ireland's Cliffs of Moher.)


(Kissing the Blarney Stone.)

This past weekend I went on a tour bus (The Paddy Wagon) around Southern, and Western Ireland. We visited numerous rural areas that took my breath away. Unfortunately, my camera died and I had to rely on Elyse to capture everything. She did rather well though.


The first major stop on this trip was the town of Cong- the filming location for the famous movie, The Quiet Man. It was so pretty. We then went on to watch reck havoc on the awesome town of Galway. I got to live it up in some bars and clubs, and let me just say that there was much dancing. Madonna came on at the end of the night, "Like a Prayer" and I was the happiest boy in Ireland.

The next day we visited the Cliffs of Moher, Ireland's most popular attraction. A beautiful set of cliffs on the South-Western bank. I became a little emotional, because it reminded me of my recently passed Great Grandma. Before she died this February, she told me how excited she was for me to go to Ireland. She has always wanted to visit- it is where her father was from. She told me to take "lots of pictures." I know she was there with me last weekend.

The trip ended with a visit to Blarney Castle. I definitely kissed the Blarney Stone, and now I have the "Gift of the Gab" for seven years. Go me!

*On the tour bus, we met two Australian boys in their mid-twenties who were touring Europe. They were awesome, and made the trip so much more fun than we ever expected.

Although last weekend was kind of expensive, it was worth every euro. I'm excited to see what the rest of this trip has in store.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment