Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Start of School


So Monday was our first day of class, and during orientation our AHA Site Director basically called out another student and I about the fact that we were the only ones signed up for all three courses this term. Apparently, Grand Valley shouldn't have let me take all three because it is too much to handle while studying abroad- no one has ever done it in the history of the program. Needless to say,  I dropped my History Class. I contacted GVSU, and they are taking care of everything. The only problem is that now I have to take a MWF class to finish my "Theme Courses" my last semester at Grand Valley. Although, let's be honest, I probably won't go to half of the classes.

We ended the day with an outing to a local pub, The Graduate. I could only have three beers before I had to get on the last bus, but it was quite fun! I'm definitely getting on well with my peers, and I think there will be some strong friendships formed.

So I officially dropped my history class, but as of today I am still enrolled in my film class and folklore class.

My Irish Myth & Folklore Class reminds me a lot of when I took my advanced english courses in High School. I forgot how much I love literature classes. This one makes me so excited, and Celtic Mythology is very interesting.



Lastly, in my Film class, each student has to review an assigned movie and then present it to the class. I was assigned the movie "interMission," it stars Collin Farrell and seems rather interesting.

I go into Dublin yet again tomorrow to tour both the city and the Gaelic Athletic Association. It should be a good time.

Miss you all.

1 comment:

  1. Collin Farrell, huh? Tell him to fix his crooked eyebrows. And stop smoking. It's bad for you.

    Keep up the good work, Mike!

    ReplyDelete