Thursday, June 25, 2009

California UPdate.

San Diego has been very good to me. I have made some amazing friends, and truly feel that I will be reconnecting with these people long after this Summer. My job is great! Things get stressful, but when don't they in any work environment? I like my roommates. One of them walks out every morning and says "Good Morning Beautiful." Random, and hilarious. Little things like that just make this adventure so fun.

My internship should be working out. I get to sit down with the designers relatively soon and figure out things. In the meantime, the University is having me work on some PR/Marketing stuff, along with branding their Resident Life.

I shop too much. The stores out here are WAY too inviting. Oh well... looks like I'll be sending some clothes home via the U.S. Postal Service.

The culture is just amazing though. I really love it. I feel more and more each day like I belong out here. Last night I had a talk with Jeff, and we decided that we're getting an apartment somewhere in Cali as soon as we graduate. Although plans might change... I do know I'll be back to this state sometime in the near future. I started looking at apartments- just for fun -and I've never been more excited for after graduation.

As for the present: I am just soaking up this epic experience. I'm meeting so many different people, learning so much, and growing both as a person and a professional. I can dream about my future, and look forward to seeing my friends/family in August.

Life always has ups and downs. As for now, things are definitely looking "up."


No comments:

Post a Comment