Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Few Last Adventures

So our final week in Ireland was filled with some fantastic excursions. Since our program did so well when we learned Ceili Step Dancing that the owner of the pub invited us to come back on Tuesday night and watch a professional performance (for free). It was fantastic. The dancers even pulled some of my classmates from the audience to dance with them! Everyone performed flawlessly. Afterwards, the musicians and dancers invited us to stay and have a private show. A great start to the last week.

(Ceili Step Dancing)
(Traditional Ceili Music)

On Wednesday, our program director organized our last field trip day to be a visit to Kilmainham Jail and the Jameson Whiskey Distillery. As you can imagine, I was more excited for the latter. Although, the jail was breath-taking. I could literally feel all of the history that the building has seen, and it was huge. The jail has also been a filming location to a ton of favorite movies, and is currently used for scenes from The Tudors.

(Kilmainham Jail)

As I just stated, the Jameson Whiskey tour was the best. Although the exhibits weren't very good (especially compared to the awesome exhibit design I saw at the Guinness Factory), getting to have that free drink at the end made it worth the boredom. What made the trip unforgettable though was that I was selected as one of the 8 volunteers to take part of a Jameson Whiskey Taste Test! I not only got a free drink of whiskey, but I also got to compare a shot of Jameson to Scotch and Jack Daniels... don't worry, Jack came in as my second choice. After the Taste Test, we were all rewarded with a certificate of graduation for being the best critics. I'm totally putting that up on the wall with my Guinness Perfect Pourer Certificate and my future degree.

(Taking the last shot of whiskey like a champ)
(Certificate for being awesome taste-testers)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment